HISTORY: AD ASTRA-AERO SCHWEIZERISCHE LUFTVERKEHRS A.G. was a Swiss airline based at Zurichhorn in Zurich. On 15 December 1919, Ad Astra Aero S.A. was registered as a joint-stock company, and on 24 February 1920, Ad Astra Aero merged with the airlines Frick & Co and Aero-Gesellschaft Comte Mittelholzer & Co to form Ad Astra Aero AG in Zurich. On 21 April 1920, Avion Tourisme SA in Geneva was bought and the share capital was doubled to 600,000 Swiss francs. Following the recent merger, the company was renamed in Ad Astra Aero, Avion Tourisme S. A. (Schweizerische Luftverkehrs A.G.). On 31 December 1930, the retroactive merger was done with Air Basel AG (Balair), as per decision of the General Assembly on 17 March 1931.
|GO BACK TO SWITZERLAND|