HISTORY: JUSTA (JUGOSLOVENSKO-SOVJETSKO AKCIONARSKO DRUSTVO ZA CIVILNO VAZDUHOPLOVSTVO) or in english "Yugoslav-Soviet Joint Stock Company for Civil Aviation", was a joint Yugoslav-Soviet society intended for the civil air traffic. It was organized in the period of the close ideological friendship between the Yugoslavia and Soviet Union after World War II. JUSTA existed for two years, and provided domestic and international airline service. The first flights were held in summer of 1947, and after the Tito-Stalin split it ceased operations in early 1949. JUSTA used the Zemun airfield in Belgrade as a hub, and established routes linking the city with Sarajevo and Zagreb. Founded with the right to take over the most important international and domestic routes from JAT, as the agreement between Yugoslavia and the USSR entitled it to do, JUSTA also took complete control over Yugoslav civilian airports, however it operated a much smaller number of flights than the agreement originally entitled it to during 1948 as it had only four passenger and two freight airplanes and it did not have enough aircraft in its fleet to make these flights happen.
|GO BACK TO YUGOSLAVIA|
|GO BACK TO SOVIET UNION|