HISTORY: CONTINENTAL AIR TRANSPORT COMPANY (SCTA) was a portuguese airline founded on January 20, 1945. In the same year, on July 19, its designation would be changed to COMPANHIA DE TRANSPORTES AEREOS (CTA). Its director was Carlos Eduardo Bleck. He operated charter flights and made connections between Lisbon and Oporto, using the Espinho aerodrome. He also flew to Abidjan, Ivory Coast and Zurich. It had two hangars, one in Lisbon (Portela Airport), and another in Porto (Pedras Rubras Airport). With the appearance of TAP, and due to the monopoly created by this company, CTA ceased operating the Lisbon-Porto route, dedicating itself exclusively to charter flights and providing handling services to other companies. CTA ceased operation in 1949.
|GO BACK TO PORTUGAL|