HISTORY: TPA - THE ALOHA AIRLINES was a Hawaiian airline headquartered in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, operating from a hub at Honolulu International Airport. The airline was founded as charter carrier Trans-Pacific Airlines as a competitor to Hawaiian Airlines, commencing operations on July 26, 1946. In 1950, the airline adopted the name TPA-The Aloha Airline. In November 1958, the company changed its name again, becoming Aloha Airlines. On March 30, 2008, Aloha Airlines announced the suspension of all scheduled passenger flights, with the final day of operation to be March 31, 2008.
|GO BACK TO USA|