HISTORY: WARDAIR was a privately run Canadian airline, founded by Max Ward in 1952 under the name Wardair Ltd, before formally changing its name to "Wardair Canada" in 1976. The airline was acquired by and folded into Canadian Airlines in 1989. In 1946 Maxwell W. Ward founded the Polaris Charter Company at Yellowknife. In 1952 the airline was formed as Wardair and operations began on 6 June 1953 using a single engine de Havilland Canada Otter. In 1962 it entered the trans-atlantic charter market and changed its name to Wardair Canada Ltd. On 1 January 1976 the name was changed to Wardair Canada (1975) Ltd and yet again on 10 June 1977 to Wardair International Ltd. The airline added scheduled passenger service to its charter service flights in 1986. Rapid expansion, problems with their computer booking system, and failure to attract business customers, who had developed customer loyalty to frequent flier programs on competing airlines, led the airline into financial difficulties, ultimately resulting in Wardair Canada being sold to Canadian Airlines (which operated as Canadian Airlines International) in 1989.
|SEE BOARDING PASS|
|GO BACK TO CANADA|