HISTORY: MAC.ROBERTSON MILLER AIRLINES (MMA) was established in Australia in late 1927 as MacRobertson-Miller Aviation, by pilot Horrie Miller with the backing of chocolate millionaire Sir Macpherson Robertson. In 1927, the Commercial Aviation Company commenced weekly Adelaide-Mount Gambier services. In 1955, MacRobertson-Miller Aviation Co. Pty. Ltd. & Airlines (W.A.) Ltd. were merged, to form MacRobertson Miller Airlines Ltd., at the request of the State Government. On 19 April 1963, Ansett Transport Industries (ATI) purchased Mac.Robertsons Pty Ltd’s 62% share in MMA. On 1 June 1963, MacRobertson Miller Airlines was renamed MacRobertson Miller Airline Services & became a division of Ansett Transport Industries. MMA was renamed Airlines of Western Australia in 1981 using a new red and green colour scheme and a stylised kangaroo paw logo (the floral emblem of Western Australia).
|GO BACK TO AUSTRALIA|