HISTORY: DIVISAO DE EXPLORACAO DOS TRANSPORTES AEREOS (DTA) was formed in September 1938 as a division of the Administration of Railways, Harbours, and Air Transport of Portuguese West Africa. It was owned and run by the government, which authorised the acquisition of three Dragons and two Junkers Ju 52s, although the latter two aircraft were not delivered due to the outbreak of the Second World War. Operations began on 17 July 1940. Following renaming to TAAG – Transportes Aereos de Angola on 1 October 1973, the airline was reorganised and reconstituted. The company's shareholders at the time were the Angolan government (51%), TAP Air Portugal (29%) and ex-DTA employees (20%).
|GO BACK TO ANGOLA|